To represent the masses with utmost dexterity, diligence, dedication and selflessness, one must understand and have the people at heart. Moreso, one must be compassionate, humble and accommodating, resourceful and brave.
Leadership is not a merry-go-round game as believed by some persons. Leadership should be purposeful service and absolute dedication and focus, striving to better the lots of the people and society in general.
Ogoja/Yala Federal constituency has felt some sort of tremendous development especially in the days of the erstwhile occupier now senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Senator Jarigbe Agom. Since the elevation of Senator Jarigbe to the red chamber, the green chamber (HoR) has remained a shadow of itself with absolutely nothing being heard about our once revered seat.
Nevertheless, 2023 presents another golden opportunity to get things right. We’re presenting a man who’s well schooled, prepared, experienced, enterprising, courteous and humble to mount the podium of absolute representation for Ogoja/Yala Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives. Barr. Godwin Offiono aka Goffio, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for Ogoja/Yala Federal constituency is that uniquely down to Earth saviour of the Ogoja/Yala constituents.
Goffio has passed through the rudiment of leadership with total humility and joy. As a proper grassrooter who passed through the tutelage of his beloved, responsible and revered parents and sound teachers, Goffio is well positioned to offer all inclusive and satisfiable representation.
Educationally, Barr. Godwin Offiono obtained his First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) from the famous
Saint Joseph’s Primary School, Okuku, Yala Local Govt. Area, Cross River State. He thereafter, proceeded to Maryknoll College, Okuku, Yala Local Govt. Area, Cross River State, where he obtained his Senior School Certificate (SSCE).
As a lover of education, Barr. Godwin Offiono gained admission into the prestigious University of Calabar (UNICAL), and obtained a certificate in Public Administration.
Not giving up in his dream, Barr. Offiono again got admitted into the Faculty of Law, University Of Calabar, where He obtained his Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Hons. He proceeded to the Nigerian Law School, Bwari Abuja, F.C.T, and obtained his Barrister at Law (BL).
Barr. Offiono also obtained Certificate in Journalism in the Irish Academy of Public Relations, 93 Upr. Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co.Dublin.
Goffio has gained laudable experience in diverse walks of life. In 2000, Barr. Godwin Offiono served as a Research Counsel in Andy Igboekwe & Co. (Legal Practitioners) at
Suite 2,Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.
In 2000-2002, He served as a Litigation Officer at Rhodes & Rhodes (Barristers & Solicitors)
27, Kakawa Street, Lagos.
From 2003 till Date, Barr. Godwin has been serving as a Principal Partner Offiono & Offiono (Barristers & Solicitors) at 12B, Alexandria Crescent
Wuse II, Abuja.
From 2011-2015, he served as Director (Legal)/Secretary, Cross River State Signage and Advertisement Agency,
Plot 245, Bishop Moynagh Avenue, State Housing Estate
Calabar, Cross River State.
In 2018-2019, Barr. Goffio served as Special Assistant to the Govt. of Cross River State.
In 2018, He was appointed as the Director of Mobilization, Friends of Atiku, Cross River State Chapter. A Political Support Group for the election of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for President of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
2018, Goffio served as Chairman, Benue State Local Government Area Congresses Electoral Appeal Panel for National Delegates of the PDP Primary Elections. He again served as Chairman, Sokoto State PDP House of Representatives Primary Electoral Appeal Panel in 2018.
Still in 2018, Barr. Offiono served as Member PDP National Convention Planning Committee –Accreditation Sub-Committee.
Goffio has been a member, founder and cofounder of many groups/Organisation:
1) President, Yala Local Government Students’ Association,
Uncial Chapter – (1995 – 1996)
2) Secretary General, Global Sports Incorporated, Organizer of Malabo World Cup (MAWOC) Unical – (1996 – 1997)
3) Chairman, Global Sports Incorporated, Organizer of Malabo World Cup (MAWOC) Unical – (1998)
4) Member, Nigerian Bar Association – (2000 Till Date)
5) Principal Partner, Offiono & Offiono (Barristers & Solicitors)
12B, Alexandria Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja – (2003 Till Date).
6) Founding member and Pioneer Secretary General, YEMA Yala.
The highly rated Legal luminary has also won several awards for his sterling contribution to the society, amongst them includes:
1) Meritorious Award for Organizing the Best Soccer Competition since the Inception of the Fiesta by GLOBAL SPORTS INCORPORATED, ORGANIZER OF MALABO WORLD CUP (MAWOC) Unical – (1998)
2) Award of Honour for Selfless Contribution to Students’ Unionism by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF YALA LOCAL GOVERNMENT STUDENTS (NAYLOGS) – (2012)
3) Meritorious Award as Pride of the Youths in Northern Cross River State by COALITION OF CROSS RIVER NORTH PEACE AND UNITY INITIATIVE, AND NTA 41, OGOJA – (2013)
4) Award of Honour for Outstanding Contribution to Entertainment in Yala by MOJS ENTERTAINMENT – (2015)
5) Award of Honour for Contributing to the Welfare and Empowerment of Yala Students by NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF YALA LOCAL GOVERNMENT STUDENTS – (2015).
With the impeccable and undaunted qualifications of Barr. Godwin Offiono, he’s well prepared for the task of bettering Ogoja/Yala Federal Constituency. We implore the good people of our dear constituency to judge right and queue behind the candidature of Goffio to emerge as HoR member to join forces with Distinguished Senator Jarigbe Agom as Senator Representing Cross River North, to deliver good governance to the people of Ogoja/Yala and Cross River North as a whole.
A vote for Goffio is a vote for onward growth and development.
® Team Goffio Media.