Seven people have reportedly died after drinking coronavirus hand sanitizer in Russia.

According to Mail Online, a group of nine people drank antiseptic hand wash when the alcohol ran out at a party on Thursday in Tomtor village in the Tattinsky district of the country’s largest region, Yakutia.

The first three victims who died were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 59. Six others were flown by a medical evacuation aircraft to regional capital Yakutsk.

Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at a party?

On Friday three more men died, aged 28, 32, and 69. One more death was reported today, November 21.

Two more remain in a coma in an intensive care ward, the report said.

Seven die after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser when alcohol ran out at a party?

Federal public health watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor reported: ‘Nine cases of poisoning with sanitiser have been registered, including seven that were fatal.

The regional state prosecutor said: ‘The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser.’

The partygoers drank the sanitiser – 69 percent methanol – which had been sold as a hand cleanser during the pandemic.

A criminal case has been opened.


TheEaglesVoice

TheEaglesVoice

As passionate bloggers, writers and public speakers, we are poised at making the world a better and safe place for all by giving out first hand, verified information. Our main aim is to enlighten the public on latest happenings.

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *